Design Thinking & Sustainability - Meetup at Steelcase
We are happy to announce the upcoming Design at Business Meetup on June 25-26 at STEELCASE in Munich, Germany.
In two days, we encourage design-minded change makers from industry and academia to share their insights and experiences in Design Thinking and Sustainability from various angles.
We wonder if the way the approach is currently applied will be desirable, viable and feasible in the long term. We want to share, learn and work together on the 3 different aspects of sustainability - human, business, environment - and what they mean for Design Thinkers and Change Drivers in the future:
- Human: How might DT enable people to work effective, healthy and enjoyable?
- Environment: How might DT help to overcome societal and environmental challenges?
- Business: How might DT become an integral part of our organizations and not just a trendy topic?
We are in the middle of planning a very diverse and exciting program that not just highlights various aspects of the topic and sparks a constructive and vibrant discussion but also mixes different formats from presentations to panel discussion to interactive sessions.
You have a great experience or story to share in the context of DT & Sustainability? Perfect!
We have two to three spots available for contributors from the DatB community. Get in touch with us and let us know what you would like to do – everything, from a formal presentation to an experimental interaction with the community, is possible.
OUR PROGRAM FURTHER CONSISTS OF:
- inspirational talks from experts on topics like designing for participation, an academic approach to manage sustainability, and much more
- experimental experience breaks
- working group sessions
- networking with great people
MONDAY 25 JUNE
Meeting slot for DatB working groups
Arrive & Snacks Welcome & Introduction
SLOT 1: various presentations, talks, discussions, experience breaks
Wrap UP, preview of next day/closing of day 1
Dinner & Drinks
TUESDAY 26 JUNE
Doors open, coffee & snacks
SLOT 2: warm up, various presentations, talks, discussions, experience breaks
Working Group Sessions - Working Group Presentations
Closing of meetup
Please keep in mind that some items may be subject to change.
Don't miss out on all the inspirational speakers sharing their insights and the opportunity to discuss the topics with them and share your own experience. Get involved in working group sessions with results that you can take back to apply to your organization.
This Meetup is most suitable for:
- Leaders of design-led innovation teams in medium to large size corporations
- Individual contributors working in medium to large enterprises who practice the art of human-centered design, Design Thinking, agile management with a user focus, Google design sprints... daily
- Please no consultants, start-ups or interns - sorry!
This event is by invite only - password to register can be found in the invite.
Price: free. Sponsored by STEELCASE.
June 25, 2018
June 26, 2018